On behalf of our partner company we are looking for an ambitious candidate to cover the ESC Third Party Risk Analyst role in our partner’s ESC team.
- DEVELOPS OUR PEOPLE – Builds talent and teams for the company by creating a culture of meritocracy and transparency, and celebrating excellence, initiative and courage.
- DRIVES VALUE FOR CLIENTS – Enables economic value and positive social impact for clients, companies, governments, and communities.
- WORKS AS A PARTNER – Works collaboratively across the firm and encourages others to achieve the best results for Citi and our clients.
- CHAMPIONS PROGRESS – Champions a culture of high standards, pushes for progress, embraces change and challenges the status quo in support of company’s vision and global strategy.
- LIVES OUR VALUES – Ensures systemically responsible outcomes while driving performance and balancing short and long term risks.
- DELIVERS RESULTS – Sets high standards and achieves performance objectives by creating a clear path toward ethical and sustainable results.
- Perform pre-contract due diligence and post-contract ongoing monitoring activities based on specific third-party risk profile, country, and / or business requirements
- Review third-party records across company’s systems to ensure accuracy of data and supporting artifacts
- Ensure timely completion and updates to third-party related information based on required frequency; track outstanding items for follow-up
- Responsible for quality and timely processing of third party related requests, activities.
- Execute common, standardized third-party risk management processes, managed centrally by the TPU, for example:
o Support third-party selection process through risk assessment of third party questionnaires
o Support reporting activities as required
o Verify Third Parties’ Insurance Coverage
o Conduct different research activities, like Sanctions Screening, Anti-Bribery assessment and Reputation Check
o Obtain financial statements from privately held companies
o Third-party onboarding activities
- Ensure high-level of Customer interaction and satisfaction
- May occasionally provide informal guidance or on-the-job-training to new team members
- Actively support and deputize for Team Supervisor in their responsibilities as required
- Cross-train on primary responsibilities of peers to serve as a back-up when needed (where applicable)
- Leverage framework to optimize how we work with external and internal customers. Responsible for continuous process improvements and adaptation to new business process/procedures
- Champion VOE efforts in strategic sites and support VOE activities globally
- Minimum 12 months continuous employment, regardless of the field
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Basic command of MS Suite
- Accuracy, attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, with short deadlines
- Communication skills – able to use various communication channels, shape their message in understandable and appropriate manner
- A broad overview of a Shared Services and Supply Chain organization
- Opportunity to work in a diverse, multicultural global team
- Competitive salary package
Borbala Ungvari +3618839860
Borbala Ungvari +3618839860