The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is an international organization operating from Geneva, Switzerland, and all continents in the world (refer to the web site www.ifrc.org for details). The Information Technology Department (ITD) of IFRC is responsible to implement and manage IT systems and applications for the Federation and optionally for broader use in the RC Movement.
The IFRC has recently established a Global Services Centre (GSC) in Budapest, Hungary and moved the IT services there as the first global shared service component. The Geneva based IT department is led by the Director, IT. The two Unit Managers (in Geneva & Budapest) are key members of the global IT department management team along with the Advisor, Innovation and National Society development, contributing to the development and implementation of an IT strategy that best serves the IFRC’s business needs.
The IT Unit in Budapest is responsible for maintaining the operational stability of the Global IT Infrastructure while continuously assessing and minimizing the potential security exposures of such components and assets. As a respond to the ever-evolving Cyber threats, IT Department has brought to life a project called Cybersecurity with the aim to successfully combat the new challenges in the field of IT Security by introducing robust, secure tools, processes, policies and methodologies to the IT Services. The project was designed to use internal resources from the Infrastructure operations team for the deliverables.
1. Provide 2nd and 3rd level of operational support for the identified services within the scope of the Infrastructure support team.
2. Prepare, plan and execute ADDS Upgrade project. (2K8R2 – 2K16)
3. Take lead in mitigating certain type of cyber-attacks aiming to compromise IFRC assets. (e.g. phishing, malwares) – propose counter measures.
4. Deliver mitigation measures for the findings of AD RaaS.
5. Maintain the overall security of on-premise as well as O365 services and the connected infrastructural components (Exchange, AADConnect, ADFS farm…etc).
6. Manage IFRC’s identity management platform (EmpowerID – idOnline), ensure smooth operation.
7. Prepare and execute PKI Upgrade – if necessary.
8. Provide “on-call” support when required.
1. Strong proven knowledge of the different versions of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems including but not limited to: 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, and 2016 with special focus on the Authentication, Authorization and Identity management roles and features, such as:
a. Active Directory Domain Services
b. Active Directory Federation Services
c. Active Directory Certificate Services.
2. Proven track record of managing Microsoft Cloud Services:
a. Azure IaaS
b. Azure AD (P2) including Azure AD Application Proxy, Azure AD Connect.
c. Office 365 Tenant/Subscriptions
3. Hands on technical experience with enterprise messaging services:
a. Microsoft Exchange on-premise (2013)
b. Office 365 suite, EXO and Skype for Business
4. Solid understanding and experience with Remote Access solutions such as: Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (2008 R2, 2012R2) and VPN technologies. (IPSEC/L2TP).
5. Good level of understanding and practical knowledge of antivirus policies and deployment (McAfee and Microsoft) applied to servers and workstations protection.
6. Experience with File Sharing, FTP and Print services
7. At ease in communicating with colleagues in English language. Ability to document independently in English language.
8. Experience in training users.
9. Able to independently plan and progress on tasks with fixed deadlines.
Szalai Péter +3618839860
Szalai Péter +3618839860